what are the benefits of using sodium hypochlorite of 5000 ppm for hard surface infection prevention and control
Sodium hypochlorite with a concentration of 5000 parts per million (ppm) is
commonly used as a disinfectant for hard surfaces due to its ability to kill a wide range of pathogens, including bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Some of the benefits of using sodium hypochlorite for infection prevention and control on hard surfaces include:
1. Efficacy: Sodium hypochlorite is highly effective at killing a wide range of microorganisms that can cause infection, including multi-drug resistant strains of bacteria.
2. Versatility: Sodium hypochlorite can be used on a variety of hard surfaces, including countertops, floors, walls, and equipment.
3. Safety: When used correctly, sodium hypochlorite is generally considered safe for use in healthcare settings.
4. Convenience: Sodium hypochlorite is easy to prepare and use, making it a practical choice for infection prevention and control.
5. Cost-effectiveness: Sodium hypochlorite is relatively inexpensive compared to other disinfectants, making it an economical choice for infection control.
It is important to note that while sodium hypochlorite is highly effective as adisinfectant, it should be used with caution, as it can cause skin and eye irritation, and can be toxic if ingested. Additionally, it should not be used on certain materials, such as brass or copper, as it can cause discoloration and corrosion.